Welcome to the first edition of DVUSC’s Weekly Update
Our weekly update will tell you everything that is happening around the club, remind you of important items and most of all make sure that your time spent at DVUSC is successful and enjoyable.
In this update:
- Senior Men’s Game – Round 2
- Junior player registration
- Junior fixtures
- TeamSnap – Availability
- Thank you uniform committee
- Where to find more information
- 2019 Junior Coordinators
Senior Men’s Game – Round 2
This week’s senior games are at home – DVUSC HQ – Partington’s Flat. Pop down at 1pm to watch the Reserves and 3pm to watch the Seniors. The boys really would love your support. The canteen will be open and the clubrooms will be open just in case it’s icy cold and/or wet outside.
Junior Player Registration
Registration for junior players is always a two part process:
- Club Registration – This usually happens late in the year or early in the new season. This year like the past few years, we’ve used a trybooking form to collect registration information and also payment. All players currently training with teams should have completed this process earlier in the year.
- FFV Registration – This usually happens in March once we know exactly what teams we have playing. Registration with the FFV is completed through the playfootball website. All players must complete this process. Players in the older age groups are required to upload a photo – the FFV registration also generates the player ID card. No fees are payable.
Useful registration information:
- DVUSC website page about FFV Registration – including step by step instructions https://www.dvusc.club/juniors/junior-ffv-registration/
- A direct link for DVUSC players to use to re-register
- Paul Murray is our registrations officer – you/parents can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
The FFV have released DRAFT fixtures for our junior teams. It’s important to remember that fixtures may be changed due to grading and team changes, so don’t go booking flights thinking you’ve got a bye one week – games can change especially early in the season. We expect the fixtures to be somewhat locked in after round 3 – SportsTG DVUSC webpage – Visit http://bit.ly/2uAjXTL
TeamSnap – Availability
By now everyone should be using TeamSnap. Team Managers and Coaches have been provided with training on how to use TeamSnap including how to enter fixtures etc.
As parents, you will be expected to use the availability feature to notify your coach if you are not available for a match/training etc. Rather than make parents choose their child’s availability for each and every session, we have defaulted the availability to GOING and it therefore your responsibility to change this to MAYBE or NO if necessary. There is also the ability to add a note as to the reason why.
Thank you uniform committee
Thank you to Linda Coutts and Cathy Tomkins for doing a wonderful job organising our uniforms for 2019. The new training/clash kits look fantastic.
Where to find more information
- TeamSnap – The best place for information about the team/s you are associated with. Packed with fixtures, training schedules, ground locations, game scores and statistics (if the team is using that feature). TeamSnap is a website www.teamsnap.com as well as a smartphone app – search your app store for TeamSnap.
- DVUSC Website – The first place to look if you need some information about DVUSC and the website is updated with all our news items as they occur. Visit www.dvusc.club
- DVUSC Facebook – Keep up to date by liking the DVUSC Facebook page – All our news items from the DVUSC website are added to Facebook as well. Visit https://www.facebook.com/diamondvalleyunited/
- DVUSC SportsTG Webpage – The FFV maintain a page of each club which lists all of the clubs teams with their respective fixtures, results etc. Visit http://bit.ly/2uAjXTL
2019 Junior Coordinators
Junior Coordinator – Boys
Mobile – 0417 751 588
Email – email@example.com
Junior Coordinator – Girls
Mobile – 0417 505 078
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Bought to you with the assistance from our great DVUSC sponsors – Quest Bundoora and Quest Epping