Seniors This Week
The Senior and Reserve teams are playing at home this weekend against the Bayside Argonauts at 3pm and 1pm respectively. Please get down and support the teams. We thank the U10 boys teams who are helping with match day duties today and experiencing senior mens football for the day.
Ground Condition Update
The Committee thanks players, coaches and parents for following Council’s instructions to stay off the training venues this week, ensuring that the grounds are ready to be used this weekend. The result is that the grounds have had some relief and minor improvement. At this stage and unless the situation changes due to more inclement weather, the home games scheduled this weekend WILL proceed as planned. Committee will inspect the grounds after this weeks games have completed and await further instructions from Council regarding ground availability for training next week. Some teams have already booked indoor venues for next week which is a huge assistance to again relieve the pressure on the playing surface and also provides the team with a confirmed indoor training venue. If teams have booked indoor sessions the information should be entered into the TeamSnap schedule for your reference. Please note that the weather we have experienced this winter if affecting playing surfaces all around Melbourne and we are fortunate that we haven’t had any home games called off to date, as has been the situation at other clubs.
Team and Individual Photos
There are a large number of teams which are having their team and individual photos taken on Sunday. Please ensure that players are on time or they may miss out on being in the team photo. Players are to wear full playing uniform (dark blue and without tracksuits etc) however NO BOOTS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE CLUBROOMS. Players are required to sit quietly while waiting thier turn for individual photos. The session runs as follows:
- Players arrive at Partington’s at/before booked time
- Team manager/coach checks in with photographer (Jason Innes) in the clubrooms
- Team manager/coach brings the players into the clubrooms (no boots) to the waiting area.
- Team manager/coach to write down player numbers on name sheets
- Players will have their individual photos taken in front of a green screen
- Once all players are done, players move outside for their team photos, boots should be worn for this
- Team photo taken by photographer
- IMPORTANT – To ensure all the kids are looking at the main camera at the right time, we ask that parents DO NOT take photos of the team on their phone camera etc until AFTER the photographer has finished his shots and advised you that parents can take photos.
The U15/16 Girls, U16 Boys and U11 Girls Joeys have already received their individual photos (via Dropbox and TeamSnap) and we will continue distributing photos every couple days as they are completed. Team photos (group shot) will be distributed after all the processing of individual photos has completed.
Where to find more information
- TeamSnap – The best place for information about the team/s you are associated with. Packed with fixtures, training schedules, ground locations, game scores and statistics (if the team is using that feature). TeamSnap is a website www.teamsnap.com as well as a smartphone app – search your app store for TeamSnap.
- DVUSC Website – The first place to look if you need some information about DVUSC and the website is updated with all our news items as they occur. Visit www.dvusc.club
- DVUSC Facebook – Keep up to date by liking the DVUSC Facebook page – All our news items from the DVUSC website are added to Facebook as well. Visit https://www.facebook.com/diamondvalleyunited/
- DVUSC SportsTG Webpage – The FFV maintain a page of each club which lists all of the clubs teams with their respective fixtures, results etc. Visit http://bit.ly/2uAjXTL
2019 Junior Coordinators
- Junior Coordinator – Boys
Mobile – 0417 751 588
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Junior Coordinator – Girls
Mobile – 0417 505 078
Email – email@example.com
Special Note for Team Managers & Coaches
As there has been a number of changes to teams as a result of re-grading etc, please continue to check the FFV website for fixture updates etc – Please also make any changes in TeamSnap so your teams know the correct details.