Conditions For Coaches At Training
The coaches at DVUSC are trusted with developing youth in the skills of soccer. During the COVID-19 situation, the coaches at DVUSC have a duty of care to ensure that the health and welfare of all involved at DVUSC is maintained. Coaches are enabled with the power to enforce the conditions of this document and also should report any breach by other individuals to Committee members.
Arriving at and departing from training venues
General Hygiene Protocols
- Use hand sanitiser immediately before and after training and during scheduled breaks in training
- Do not spit at any time
- Do not share drink bottles and clearly label your own bottle
- Carry hand sanitiser in order to enable good personal hygiene
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze and place tissues directly in bins
- Avoid the use of public toilets, however if necessary, ensure hands are washed thoroughly
- Do not share pens or clip boards
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Shower at home before and after training
- Ensure not more than 1 person per toilet facility at any one time
General Training Protocols
- You must not arrive more than 10 minutes prior to training commencing
- You must not congregate at the entry point
- You must arrive prepared to train – changing rooms will not be in use
- You must bring your own drink bottles clearly labelled. No sharing of drink bottles is permitted
- You must follow the hygiene protocols in this document – regular breaks will to be provided for the purpose of rehydrating and hand sanitising
- Physical distancing of 1.5 metres must be maintained
- No more than 1 person per 4m2
- No heading of the ball can take place during training
- Activity must be non-contact eg no tackling, no heading, no handshakes, high fives or similar
- Handling of equipment must be minimized eg no throw in’s
- Sharing of equipment must be minimised
- No use of shared equipment that touches the head or face or cannot be effectively cleaned i.e. soft materials or clothing
- You must provide your details including full name, FFA number, phone number, date and time of attendance, and confirmation whether you have downloaded COVIDSafe, to the coach/club official for the purposes of contact tracing. If training bibs are used, you will be allocated a bib and you must take it home and wash it
- You must leave the venue immediately once
- Equipment will need to be cleaned after each training session. Coaches are responsible for this task, however a Committee member will be onsite to assist. Gloves and cleaning supplies will be provided.
- Bibs cannot be shared between players. Players MUST take any bibs home and wash them. Coaches will need to record who has taken a bib home.
- The player numbers per training zone are not negotiable. Even if a team has a full pitch booked,
no more than 20 players can train together under ANY circumstances. This is not negotiable and if coaches are found to be breaking this rule they will be asked to explain and face disciplinary action.
- As an example, if there are 16 players and the team has access to a full pitch the players MUST be broken into 2 groups and train in their own zone.
Training Pitch Setup
FFV recently updated the conditions – 20 players are now allowed per half of pitch.
DVUSC Arrival and Departure Instructions For Players
- Where possible, you must follow the instructions as indicated within this document and any instructions/signage at the ground – See Arriving At And Departing From Training Venues
- You must arrive, train and depart without breaking the 1.5m social distancing rule